We are hiring!
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
DISABILITY ADVOCATE – LAUNCESTON
PART-TIME (2.5 DAYS PER WEEK)
Speak Out is a state-wide organisation providing advocacy and self-advocacy support to people with a disability.
We seek an energetic, self-motivated and suitably qualified person to join our dynamic team in promoting and defending rights through our advocacy work.
The position is 2.5 days per week, based in Launceston. There may be opportunity for additional hours.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individual advocacy is issues-based. The Advocate provides information, options and referral so each person can make informed decisions about what they wish to do. The Advocate works to achieve each client's desired outcome and is directed by the client via the Advocacy Agreement. When the issue is resolved, the case is closed and the advocacy relationship ceases.
Deliver advocacy services to a range of people with disability.
Maintain accurate client records, collect data in accordance with program requirements.
Provide information and education sessions to encourage awareness and understanding.
Contribute to team meetings and the team environment at Speak Out.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you have sound knowledge, understanding and commitment to Human Rights and the principles of social justice, excellent communication skills, and thrive on problem-solving and outcomes – contact us.
Previous experience in the community services sector is desirable. Driver’s license is essential.
1. Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the rights of people with disabilities and the principles of social justice.
2. Understanding of the legislative frameworks in which the position operates.
3. Skills in communicating effectively with people with diverse communication needs.
4. Ability to advocate at the direction of each client to achieve client-directed outcomes.
5. Problem-solving and prioritising skills.
6. Well-developed Information Technology skills.
7. Commitment to personal development and continuous improvement.
8. Ability to work effectively independently, collaborate with peers and contribute to team well-being.
For further information phone 03 6431 9333 or 03 62312344 or email email@example.com
Your Expression of Interest should include a cover letter, your experience/claims against the selection criteria and a current resume.
More information about our work is on the Speak Out Advocacy website and Facebook page.
Salary is in accordance with the SCHADS Award based on qualifications and experience.
As a not-for-profit organisation we offer salary packaging through AccessPay www.accesspay.com.au
Closing deadline 7 March 2022